Friday, April 6, 2018

My First Marketing Assignment

Topic 1

I wanted to take marketing because it is required for my major, but I am also interested in running my own business. Since I want to run my own business, I thought it would be good to learn more about marketing and how to market a business properly.

I am currently a business management major and I will also be majoring in apparel design.

I'm most interested in learning on how to successfully market a business. With wanting to open up my own clothing store one day, it would help to know how to to market a business.

One of my passions is sewing. I have made many dresses, a toddler jacket, a quilt, and a hat. One of my other passions is music. I play the ukulele right now, but I have learned how to play the violin, clarinet, and alto saxophone as well. I also enjoy listening to music and not just playing music.

Topic 2

Motorola G6 Play Sighted In Leaked Promo Materials.

I was looking a pictures of advertisements when I saw the Motorola G6 advertisement. I was compelled because it showed a person partially in the phone. It made me think that phones have become a huge part of our everyday lives and how the phones suck us in. The picture even says " you in" with the "in" being on the screen of the phone.

In the article it talks about what the G6 Play is going to be like. Th G6 Play will not have a home button but it will have a rear-mounted fingerprint reader. They are making it to appeal to the younger generation.

The value proposition of Motorola is that they are providing a more simple smart phone to this generation of people.

The marketing strategy they uses was to pull you into their advertisement. With the person being within the phone screen helped pull you in as well.

The challenge Motorola faces is that they aren't the only phone brand. They are competing with iPhone and Android, which means they arent' the only one selling smart phones.

Their marketing strategy is to use bright colors and not very many words. They get as much information into a picture without using a lot of words. With the younger generation, companies  need to catch their attention quickly or they just aren't interested in it. They will quickly scroll past it. Using those brighter colors allows the viewer to stop and actually view the image to see what it is about. With only having a few words allows them to keep the viewers attention and know what they are selling.

If I was the one marketing this advertisement, I would try to make it consume you more. I'd also list a couple of the features for the phone that make it better than other phones. I'd make it so the phone looks like it is really there and not two dimensional.

I feel like the marketing approach was good and eye catching.

I learned that marketing a product that is already a product is difficult. If it doesn't catch the consumers eyes, they just move on because its just another smart phone and they already have one so why would it matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment